Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Com 435 May Help with Job Search

It wasn't untill I enrolled in our com 435 class that I began using blogs but it appears that it may become a potential source of income or at least an idirect link to other possible opportunities. Since the inception of our Eurotrip idea, a friend asked me what I would ideally like to do in life. I recalled a job that I recently applied for where I would be paid to visit different organizations and review them for producing travel books and their website. I realized then that I want to be Anthony Bourdain. For those of you who don't know who he is, you can find out more here. The thought of the opportunity to travel and live various wild, titillating and electrifying experiences and then getting paid to critique and voice my opinion of them is the archetypal job for a young adventurous unconventional recent graduate with a degree in liberal arts and communication. She pointed out to me that even if I don't get a job working for that particular travel reviwer, perhaps continueing to write about my experience will allow me to gain credit in the industry and push towards future openings. Even if things don't continue in the journalism route, that particular inclination will at least serve the function of a reminder of my exploits and undertakings.

No comments:

Post a Comment